At New Hall, the ambition for all is to love to learn for life. Our values are the golden threads of our curriculum. We want our pupils to become:
- Critical Thinkers: questioning, checking and challenging
- Collaborative Learners: responding, supporting, building on and joining in
- Creative Minds: connecting and comparing ideas and exploring possibilities
- Caring Individuals: thinking, listening, empathising and respecting others
We aim to have a broad and balanced curriculum which prepares our children not just for their future education and academic success, but also instils a love of learning for life and engenders high aspirations for the future in the world beyond school.
Our curriculum encompasses all the experiences that we offer our pupils. We value the importance of the whole child and we aim to develop our pupils’ well-being, emotional awareness and thinking skills.
We follow the National Curriculum with each subject being taught discretely, however where there are links across the curriculum we take advantage of these. In maths we have a mastery approach which we are embedding across the whole curriculum.
Regular subject specific training ensures our staff are enabled to provide high quality teaching and learning across the curriculum.
We ensure that children have a wide range of opportunities such as visiting theatre groups, after school clubs and school trips including residentials. We are passionate about engaging pupils in outdoor learning and to this end provide a variety of outdoor learning opportunities.
Our assessment processes have been developed over time to encompass both formative and summative assessment processes. These enable us to make accurate judgements of both attainment and progress. We are mindful of teacher workload and endeavour to only collect data that both supports next steps in teaching and learning and guides us to further develop our school curriculum.
New Hall learners are well-rounded, confident children who are able to work collaboratively, think both creatively and critically and are caring individuals. Children achieve their personal best and are well prepared to leave us to move to the next stage of their education, ready for the exciting new challenges ahead.
- English Statement of Intent
- English: Reading Progression of Skills
- English: Speaking and Listening Progression of Skills
- English: Writing Progression of Skills
- Science Curriculum Statement
- Science Curriculum Overview
- Science: Biology Progression of Skills
- Science: Chemistry Progression of Skills
- Science: Physics Progression of Skills
- Science: Working Scientifically Progression of Skills