Useful Links for Learning
On this page you will find lots of links to other websites that we hope you might find interesting or entertaining.
- BBC Bitesize - provides a range of engaging, interactive games, activities and guidelines to support reading and writing skills across Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Crickweb - plenty of online games and activities to help support spellings, grammar and reading across Key Stage 2.
- Phonics Play - provides guidance for supporting children with phonics at home, as well as fun phonics games that you can play with them too.
- Oxford Owl - you will find over 100 eBooks for children aged from 3-11 that they can enjoy at home.
- BookTrust Book Finder - a great tool to help you to find age-appropriate books to further encourage your child’s love of reading.
- Children's Reading Zone - another great place to find age-appropriate texts, as well as information on the latest releases in children’s literature.
- Times Tables Rock Stars - from Year 2 all children have a TT Rock Stars account that can be accessed through this account.
- Maths is Fun - a useful website for older children to review and revise topics that have been taught.
- Maths Playground - as a school we use the bar model as a tool for children to help answer and solve word problems. This website enables children to practice bar modelling.
- Wow Science - allows children to explore facts, games and videos for different Science topics.
- Science Kids - allows children to explore: facts, quizzes, games and possible experiments in Science.
- Ask a Biologist - is all about Biology.
- NASA Kids' Club - full of Space facts and games.
- NASA Climate Kids - all about climate change.
- DK Find Out - a fact finding website which includes Science topics.
- Science Bob - useful for a Science Fair.
- Steam Powered Family - Science project ideas that families can try together at home.
- Little Bins Little Hands - fun Science experiments for kids.
- PSHE Association - explains what PSHE is and why it’s important.
- Drinkaware for Education - uUsing videos, lesson plans and a range of activities, Drinkaware for Education addresses emotional health and peer pressure, as well as the harms and risks commonly associated with alcohol.
- Walk 4 Life - a project supported by Walk England aimed at children 8-11 years old. There are curriculum links to geography, maths, ICT, health and citizenship. There is a short guide with examples of how the resources can be used in the classroom.
- RSPCA Animal Needs - suite of activities from the RSPCA to promote caring for animals.
- Anti-Bullying Alliance - a coalition of organisations and individuals that are united against bullying.
- Faith Makes a Difference - school Scheme of Work.
- BBC Bitesize KS1 RE - learning resources for Key Stage 1 children.
- BBC Bitesize KS2 RE - learning resources for Key Stage 2 children.
- DLTK Bible Activities - Bible stories.
- World Religions - religions from around the world.
Art and Design
- Art Hub for Kids
- Tate Kids
- Eduweb: A Pintura Art Detective
- Jumpstart Art Resources
- Easy Peasy and Fun: How to Draw
- Childnet International
- Internet Matters
- LTE Esafety: Games Consoles
- NSPCC: Online Safety
- Crickweb: KS1 Geography
- Crickweb: KS2 Geography
- Crickweb: Geography Links
- Topmarks: KS1 Geography
- Topmarks: KS2 Geography
- Primary Games Arena: Geography Games
- Ordnance Survey Mapzone
Physical Education (PE)
- Wilson Stuart Active Society - the organisers of the Primary School game competitions that New Hall Primary School participate in.
- GoNoodle - providing children with a range of short burst dance inspired activities that allow children to be active.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - providing a range of free videos designed to inspire children to participate in yoga.
- Local Sports clubs in Sutton Coldfield - Wilson Stuart Active Society have collated a list of sports clubs in Sutton Coldfield that are open to children to join. The website shows a wide range of different sports.
- Sutton Coldfield Primary School District Football Association - the organisers of the football league matches and cup tournaments that New Hall Primary school participate in.
- The Historical Association
- BBC Bitesize: History
- Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
- British History: Tudor Timeline
- Black History Month
- PhonicsPlay - we use this website every day in our phonics sessions.
- Topmarks - this is good for maths games, search for Early Years games.
- Crickweb - this site has a selection of phonic and maths games.
- ICT Games - this site has a mixture of maths and Literacy games.
- CBeebies - games for kids and early years activities.
- Letter-join - we use this website every day, It can be used on computers or tablets. Children can practise the pre cursive letter formation. Username: lj8170 Password: home